Heat assignments are now available for the Albany Community Triathlon taking place on Sunday 10/16/22. Please check the relevant listing to determine your heat number and start time before race day:
- Heat assignments for the Main course sorted by participant NAME
- Heat assignments for the Main course sorted by HEAT, then name
- Heat assignments for SUPER YOUTH sorted by participant NAME
- Heat assignments for SUPER YOUTH sorted by HEAT, then name
We did our best to accommodate all family & friends requests and early/middle/late heat preferences. There is very limited ability to make adjustments and only in the event of a pressing need, but if you notice a problem with your listing, let us know ASAP. Also let us know if you can’t make it on race day so we can open your heat assignment.
Do you know any potential volunteers? We still have many open volunteer positions with gaps in key areas — causing much concern among the organizers. Go to our volunteer signup website, and help recruit your family & friends to help make the event run smoothly. Thanks!
Relay team members: note that all team members are listed in the heat assignments, but the start times pertain just to the swimmers. After the swim, the swimmer heads to the transition area to the team’s shared transition location hand off the timing chip to the biker who will be waiting (or the swimmer does the bike leg, depending on the team’s plan). See the relay team section of our FAQ for a description of how the timing chip handoff is supposed to work. Relay team members should coordinate with each other and establish their shared spot in the transition area.
Waiver signing for relay team members: Relay team members who did not fill out the online registration form which included a digital waiver: your parent/guardian will need to sign a physical waiver. You can do this at packet pickup or at the registration table. To expedite things, here’s a PDF of the waiver you can print out, sign, and bring with you to packet pickup or race day. Team captains: notify your teammates about this!
Pick up your race packet in advance at Roadrunner Sports in Berkeley on Sat 10/15 between 1–4pm. Bring a photo ID. You can also pick up a packet for a friend if you have a photo of their ID. Packet pickup will also be available on race day, but picking it up on Sat will ease congestion at the registration table. Late registration will be available as space permits on Saturday at packet pickup but not on race day (cash or check only, made out to “Albany Athletic Boosters”) so stop by Road Runners to signup if you missed online registration.
Race packet goodies: Among other swag items, your race packet will contain your timing chip on a velcro strap and TWO security bracelets marked with your bib number and heat number. Be sure to bring your timing chip with you on race day or you will not be listed in the results! It goes on your LEFT ankle with the plastic chip facing out. Best advice: strap on your timing chip first thing in the morning so you don’t forget. The security bracelets go on your right wrist and on your bike’s top tube. Put those on before arriving at the venue on race day. You’ll need these bracelets to enter and exit the transition area. Your race packet has everything you need for race day, so there’s no need to check in at the registration table when you arrive on race day. After setting up your transition area, head over to get body marked near the registration table.
Registered but are not participating this year? Let us know ASAP so we can open up your slot in the heat assignments.
Aim to arrive at the Albany Aquatic Center at least 1 hour before your start time, possibly earlier if you are new to the triathlon business. The registration area will open at ~6:45am and will be located in front of the Aquatic Center along Portland Ave.
- If you are in heats 1-3: arrive by 7:00am and use the early heat section of the transition area.
- If you are in heats 4-6: arrive by 7:45am and use the middle heat section of the transition area.
- If you are in heats 7-10: arrive by 8:30am and use the late heat section of the transition area.
- Super Youth athletes: arrive by 9:45 am and use the Super Youth section of the transition area (see course map). Super Youth will not be using the blue bike racks as in past years. First Super Youth heat start time will be 10:45 am.
- Heats for the Main course start every 15 minutes starting at 8:00 sharp. Heats for the Super Youth start every 12 minutes starting at 10:45 sharp.
- First time triathletes should arrive a little earlier to allow for more prep time and an easier time finding a spot in the correct zone of the transition area.
Heat start times will be posted around the venue. Arrive at the outdoor pool 5-10 min before your heat starts, and pick any open lane as swimmers from the previous heat exit the pool (first come, first served). Feel free to warm up in the indoor pool or the outdoor pool. Note that the indoor pool is ~85ºF while the outdoor pool is ~80ºF.
Pre-race announcements will take place at 7:35am, repeated at 8:50am.
Review our FAQ and course map before race day to get familiar with this race. First-timers should especially review our tips for bike lap counting, one of the more challenging aspects of this course. You complete 12 laps on the bike, which will be very close to 10K if you’re using a GPS tracker.