The community of Albany, California invites you to participate in a super short, super FUN, beginner-friendly, spectator-friendly triathlon to raise money for both Albany Middle School and Albany High School athletics and leadership programs.
For 2022, the AlbanyTri plans to make its pandemic comeback from a virtual event in 2020 and a non-event in 2021. Tentative date for the real, in-person triathlon is 16 October 2022 with registration available by the end of April. So save the date and start your training now to get ready for a return to local multisport fun. 😀
Special new Spring event in Albany for 2022: The Move’n’Groove 5K will be held on 24 April 2022 on the same loop course featured in the AlbanyTri, with live music from four bands along the course as well as a post-race concert in Memorial park. You can walk, run, roller/inline skate, or wheelchair the course. This is a great opportunity to jump-start your fitness and re-connect with the Albany community! More information at MOVEnGROOVE.org.
About the AlbanyTri event
The AlbanyTri is a super sprint triathlon for adults and kids. It takes place at the Albany Aquatics Center and Memorial Park in late September or early October. The main event for participants ages 9 and up comprises three legs:
- 400m (425y) pool swim 17 lengths in your own split lane of the 25y outdoor pool
- 10 km bicycle ride 12 laps on the street around Albany High & Memorial Park
- 2.5 km (1.6 mile) run 3 laps on the sidewalk around Albany High & Memorial Park
Super Youth course – a shorter version of the main course for kids ages 7-10:
- 70m (75y) pool swim (3 lengths in 25y outdoor pool, in own split lane)
- 2.5 km (1.6 mile) bike (3 laps around the block)
- 1 km (0.6 mile) run (1 lap around park)
- Course Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- General information about the event, including special features
- Race results from previous years
- Sponsors & sponsorship opportunities
- News blog
- Photos & videos: see results
Stay connected: See our Connect page for contact info and social media.
Albany Triathlon is proud to be part of Albany Local week.