The community of Albany, California invites you to participate in a super short, super FUN, beginner-friendly, spectator-friendly triathlon to raise money for both Albany Middle School and Albany High School sports programs. This year’s event will be held on 7 October 2018. Stay tuned to our news channel for updates & news and see our extensive FAQ for race day tips. Also, check out the results and fun from last year!
The AlbanyTri is a super sprint triathlon for adults and kids. It takes place at the Albany Aquatics Center and Memorial Park in late September or early October. The main event for participants ages 9 and up comprises three legs:
- 400m pool swim 17 lengths in your own split lane of the 25y outdoor pool
- 10 km (6.2 mile) bicycle ride 11 laps on the street around Albany High & Memorial Park
- 2.5 km (1.6 mile) run 3 laps on the sidewalk around Albany High & Memorial Park
We also have a “Super youth” division for kids ages 7-10 who compete on a shorter version of the course:
- 70m (75y) pool swim (3 lengths in 25y outdoor pool)
- 2.5 km (1.6 mile) bike (3 laps around the block)
- 1 km (0.6 mile) run (1 lap around park)
- Course Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- General information about the event, including special features
- Race results from previous years
- Sponsors & sponsorship opportunities
- News blog
- Photos & videos: see results
Stay connected: See our Connect page for contact info and social media.
Albany Triathlon is proud to be part of Albany Local week.